Translate

Saturday, 21 April 2012

Beginning The end of the World

  After an hour of searching, I came across a path. A sign warns off the adventurous from passing, yet I continue my way down, a steep slippery slope. Trees with broken limbs guide me; I find myself holding my body close to a smooth tree, the bark had been worn with the passing of adventurers like myself.
  I find myself above the river, breathing in the crisp Canadian air. Gentle breezes tug on my clothing, pleading me to take a step closer to the edge of the cliff. My vertigo keeps me from becoming too curious. What persuades us to continue a potentially dangerous path?
 The broken bridge before me is decorated with graffiti of the yesteryear's of those who have been here before me. Litter scatters the land below, i can only theorise the reason why there is a burnt skeleton of a car below.
Birds sing a common tune, and the rare knocking of a wood pecker grows louder with time.
   I can only ponder why such a beautiful place exists. Maybe it could help me discover more to why we become so curious, why we ignore the signs that warn us of possible dangers, well..it will be the beginning of more thoughts to come, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment